Guerrilla Restoration is an organization founded in 2008 by Cynthia Booth, striving to help you create a green new world. We try to make living in an environmentally aware way personal, practical, and positive. Intended for general consumers, Guerrilla Restoration shows people how to make small changes that add up to big benefits for their wallets, for their health, and, of course, for the health of the planet. Not political or activist, Guerrilla Restoration offers simple, useful ideas broken down into achievable steps that make going green a gradual and affordable process rather than an all-or-nothing plunge.
By educating people about how they can make environmentally conscience choices in their daily lives, we hope to improve their health and the health of our Earth.
This Months Top 5 Going Green Tips
- Eat fish that are caught in an environmentally responsible manner. This culinary practice can help keep the marine ecosystem healthy, without compromising the freshness and taste of your meal.
- If you're in the market for a car, choose the one in your class with the highest fuel efficiency rating. You'll save money each time you fill up.
- Check the air in your car tires once a month. Properly inflating your tires improves your gas mileage. Underinflated tires, besides being a safety hazard, waste more than two million gallons of gasoline a day.
- Use fluorescent lights to contribute to cutting greenhouse gas emissions. According to the EPA, a new compact fluorescent bulb uses 75% less energy than a standard incandescent and generally lasts 10 times as long.
- Reduce your purchases of disposable and overpackaged items or reuse more of what you already have. Doing this prevents waste and saves you money. It's easy!